We are delighted to announce that you can now buy a Juniper Home through the Government’s Help To Buy Scheme. This means that buyers will only require a 5% deposit, whether you are a first time buyer or an existing home owner.
There are currently two Help to Buy schemes – ‘Equity Loan’ and ‘Mortgage Guarantee’. Both require a 5% deposit and are available to first time buyers and existing homeowners. Beyond that, the schemes are very different and here’s how:
Help to Buy Equity Loan
- Available on new build homes up to £600,000 in England
- The Government will lend you up to 20% of the property value through an equity loan which can be repaid at any time during the loan term or on the sale of your home.
- You won’t be charged any loan fees for the first 5 years of owning your home.
- You’ll only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society.
- There is a range of competitive mortgage rates available with this scheme.
Help to Buy Mortgage Guarantee
- Available on new build homes and existing homes up to £600,000 in England
- You’ll need to secure up to a 95% mortgage from a participating mortgage lender.
- The lender can now offer this loan-to-value mortgage as the Government will provide them with a guarantee of up to 15% of the property value.
For more information on the Help To Buy Scheme, please visit the Help To Buy website (www.helptobuy.org.uk)
To take advantage of this scheme, please register your interest in one of the properties at our latest development, The Friendship.